Source: Dana Kublin of Walker Farms
Serves: Appetizer or side dish
- 1 bunch beets
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice from 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap beets in foil and roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- When beets are cool, remove skins. Alternatively, cover beets with water in a saucepan and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes, and peel when cooled.
- In a food processor, pulse the beets, garbanzo beans and some olive oil.
- Add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice and spices. Mix until smooth (you can add a small amount of water depending on desired texture) and season to taste.
Enjoy with pita, chips, crackers or fresh veggies!