Source: Becky Larson and the GSU Department of Health and Kinesiology
- 1 quart blueberries
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Streusel ingredients: 1 cup of self-rising flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 stick of melted butter
- Mix together the flour, sugar, egg, butter, and vanilla until it forms a ball with a greasy texture.
- Cut ball in half.
- Flatten halves in 2 greased 9” round pans, covering the bottom and side of pan.
- Equally distribute the blueberries between the two pans.
- Knead streusel ingredients until firm and greasy.
- Crumble streusel over blueberries.
- Bake the cakes @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until tops are brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes or freeze and serve cold.