This can be vegetarian if you like. We use fresh grassfed beef in ours. It does contain cheese, so probably wouldn’t work well as a vegan dish.
Source: I dreamed it up. (Entered by Connie Hayes)
Serves: Easily adapted to any number, but a basic recipe will serve 6-8.
- 1 pound Ground Grassfed Beef
- 1-2 pounds Organic Heirloom Potatoes (Assorted)
- 1 Quart Organic Pasta Sauce (or make your fave)
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Pound pkg. Assorted Italian Cheeses
- 4-5 Organic Vidalia Onions
Step by Step Instructions
- Slice potatoes and onions thin–using food processor or mandaline.
- Brown ground beef (omit this if making vegetarian).
- Add pasta sauce and heat until bubbly.
- Place all but 1 cup of pasta sauce in bowl with ricotta and mix thoroughly.
- Layer potatoes, onions, sauce mixture, and Italian cheeses alternately. (Use reserved 1 cup of plain sauce for final layer.) Top with Italian cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 F. for 1 hour or until potatoes stick tender and dish is bubbly.