Source: Relish.com (Entered by debra chester)
Serves: 6 pizzas serving 12
- 3 small yellow squash
- 2 medium vidalia onions
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 small pizza dough rounds
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 cups grated Romano Cheese
- 1 tablespoon each fresh parsley, thyme, rosemary
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut squash into diagonal slices. Cut onions and tomatoes into thick slices. Brush with olive oik.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place vegetables on grill grate over medium heat (or use a grill basket); cook about 5 minutes, until vegetables are lightly browned and tender
- Place pizza stone on grill. When hot, place dough rounds on stone. Cook about 5 minutes, until bottom is golden brown and flip crusts over.
- Place sausages (already cooked and drained) on tip of each crusts . Top with grilled vegetables and cheese. Sprinkle fresh herbs on top. Cover and grill . Cook 6-8 minutes until bottoms are browned and toppings are thoroughly heated.
- Tip: Sometimes Steve Jones, baker extraordinaire of Sugar Magnolia Bakery, will sell you some of his pizza dough if you order in advance…you cannot get better dough!