The tomato bumper crop should continue throughout August. In addition to being delicious, tomatoes are a wonderful source of vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and antioxidants. Instead of topping your pasta with store-bought pasta sauce, try roasting tomatoes from the Market for a tasty alternative. Don’t skip the fresh herbs that are also readily available from several vendors. Feel free to add other vegetables you might find at the market, including peppers, onion, and eggplant.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2-4 tbsp. Frali Rosemary or Basil Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1-2 cloves green or conventional garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Frali pasta
- Chopped Herbs to taste, such as basil, oregano, or rosemary
- Flat Creek Lodge Montasio Cheese
- Foccacia from Bakery
Toss tomatoes with oil, salt and pepper, and. Place in a single layer in oven-safe dish. Roast for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees until tomatoes are about to pop and garlic is soft. Meanwhile, cook pasta; drain and toss with oil to prevent sticking. Remove tomatoes from oven and chop with knife or kitchen shears. Toss pasta with tomato mixture, including oil, and herbs. Serve with cheese and foccacia.